Beginning with the adoption of the Extended Validation Guidelines in June 2007, the CA/Browser has tracked proposed ballots using a numbering system, and CA/Browser Forum member votes have become publicly available for votes occurring after February 2013. A tally of quorum and voting results is available here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjuWQ0oWc2scdDV5QWd5OGk1VWFfZW5XbWdDX1JqN2c#gid=4forum repository.
- FORUM-020 v2 - Amend Code Signing Certificate Working Group Charter
Sep 20, 2023
This ballot proposes to amend the Code Signing Certificate Working Group (CSCWG) Charter with the following changes:
- Bump the Charter version.
- Add a limited scope for timestamp certificates.
- Remove the version reference of the bylaws that we follow.
- During a ballot, count only members that are in a voting class, disregarding associate members and interested parties.
- Align Quorum definition as half the average, as the Bylaws have it set.
- Forum-18 v3 - Update CA/B Forum Bylaws to version 2.5
Feb 26, 2023
The Forum has identified and discussed a number of improvements to be made to the current version of the Bylaws to improve clarity and allow the Forum to function more efficiently. Most of these changes are described in the “Issues with Bylaws to be addressed” document. Some preparatory discussions and reviews can be checked on GitHub. Here is a list of major changes:
- Clarified that it is not always required to “READ” the antitrust statement before each meeting and added the option of reading a “note-well”.
- Clarified where to send/post Chartered Working Group minutes.
- Increased the number of days before automatic failing a ballot from 21 to 90 days.
- Allow Chair or Vice-Chair to update links to other sections within a document without a ballot.
- Applied grammatical and other language improvements.
- Clarified that Subcommittee minutes do not need to also be published on the public web site.
- Created a new member category called “Probationary Member”, applicable to both Certificate Issuer and Consumer categories, and separated “Associate Members - Certificate Issuers” from the “Associate Member” category.
- Clarified language for Associate Members for consistency with Probationary Member for the ballot proposals and endorsing.
- Removed the member category called “Root CA Issuer” and only kept the “CA Issuer” category.
- Added a step to check the authority of the signer during membership applications.
- Updated the Chartered Working Group template.
- Added some language to the Code of Conduct.
- Publishing private conversations without express permission is considered a violation of the Code of Conduct.
- Updated the elections language as agreed at F2F#58.
You can locate the Working Group Ballots in the following links: