[cabfpub] Final Minutes for CA/Browser Forum Teleconference - November 15, 2018

Dimitris Zacharopoulos (HARICA) dzacharo at harica.gr
Fri Nov 30 12:35:11 MST 2018


These are the Approved Minutes of the Teleconference described in the 
subject of this message.


    Attendees (in alphabetical order)

Anna Weinberg (Apple), Arno Fiedler (D-TRUST), Ben Wilson (Digicert), 
Bruce Morton (Entrust Datacard), Chris Kemmerer (SSL.com), Dimitris 
Zacharopoulos (HARICA), Dustin Hollenback (Microsoft), Enrico Entschew 
(D-TRUST), Fotis Loukos (SSL.com), Frank Corday (Trustwave), Geoff 
Keating (Apple), Gordon Bock (Microsoft), Inaba Atsushi (GlobalSign), 
India Donald (US Federal PKI Management Authority), Jeff Ward (CPA 
Canada/WebTrust), Joanna Fox (GoDaddy), Jos Purvis (Cisco Systems), 
Kenneth Myers (US Federal PKI Management Authority), Kirk Hall (Entrust 
Datacard), Leo Grove (SSL.com), Mads Henriksveen (Buypass AS), Marcelo 
Silva (Visa), Michelle Coon (OATI), Mike Reilly (Microsoft), Neil Dunbar 
(TrustCor Systems), Rich Smith (Sectigo), Robin Alden (Sectigo), Tim 
Callan (Sectigo), Trevoli Ponds-White (Amazon), Wayne Thayer (Mozilla), 
Wendy Brown (US Federal PKI Management Authority).


    Minutes


      1. Roll Call

The Chair took attendance


      2. Read Antitrust Statement

The Chair asked mr. Robin Alden to read the Antitrust Statement


      3. Review Agenda

Today's Agenda was approved.


      4. Approval of Minutes of CABF F2F Meeting of Oct. 17, 2018

The minutes were approved and will be posted to the Public web site and 
a link to those minutes will be posted to the Public mailing list.


      5. Approval of Minutes of previous teleconference

The minutes of November 1, 2018 teleconference were approved and will be 
posted to the Public list and the Public web site.


      6. Application of DarkMatter for CABF Membership

The Application was approved under the "Certificate Issuer" type. It was 
clarified that their certificates are Trusted by Certificate Consumers 
via a cross-signing agreement.

Dimitris brought up section 4.5 of the IPR policy that contain 
provisions for new Participants, in relation to existing Final 
Guidelines, Final Maintenance Guidelines and also Draft versions of 
those. He will bring this to DarkMatter's attention and come up with a 
workable plan to meet this requirement. Kirk offered to help with the 
drafting of a document for new Participants in order to meet this IPR 
Policy requirement.


      7. Follow-up on new WG Charters

Ben is still working on a Bylaws and Governance Charter and is waiting 
for a resolution about whether this will be a Working Group or a 
Subcommittee. The other Charters are not tied to this. It was suggested 
that the Scope of each of the new WGs (related to Code Signing and 
S/MIME) would require some discussion and it should probably be 
discussed on the public list in parallel.

Kirk suggested to Ben working on an amendment of Bylaw 5.3 which 
describe how new CWGs are setup, and perhaps add mandatory provisions 
applicable to all CWGs for matters related to public minutes, posting 
things on a public mailing list. That would save this from being 
repeated in every CWG charter.

Kirk noted that the Certificate Consumers for new Working Groups will 
need to be described and suggested we discuss this topic on the public 
list as well.


      8. Forum Infrastructure Working Group update

Jos reported that the WG shall create a list of document requirements on 
the wiki and add a column to decide about "must have", "nice to have" 
features for these documents. Depending on what the WG determines as 
"must have", we can check how close we can get with Markdown and see if 
this will be a solution going forward.

Then the WG discussed about similar wiki requirements matrix, possible 
solutions and discussed about one potential solution, Sharepoint, where 
Gordon made a nice demo.

Kirk noted that ballot formats should stay the same as much as possible. 
Members can use whatever tools they prefer but the Chair would usually 
need to create a version.

Jos replied that this work would result in defining *A* canonical format 
of the documents and all the others would be derivatives of that. We 
would have to write a procedure to make these updates but that's to be 
determined later.

Dimitris said that he participates in this WG and one of the goals is to 
make sure all the popular formats (PDF, word) are supported and produced 
by whatever canonical format is decided. That would make red-line 
comparisons between similar formats easy, hopefully.


      9. Ballot Status


        _Ballots in Discussion Period_

No ballots are in a Discussion Period.


        _Draft Ballots under Consideration_


No comments were made.


      10. Any Other Business

Kirk asked about the invitation letters that some participants requested 
for the Cupertino meeting. Geoff said that members that need an 
invitation letter can email him directly (for Invitation Letter matters 
only) and he would make sure it reaches the right people for the 
completion of the process. Once Apple finalizes the procedure for 
creating such letters, Geoff will send a message to the management list 
with information and instructions.


      11. Next call

November 29, 2018 at 11:00 am Eastern Time.


      Adjourned


-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://cabforum.org/pipermail/public/attachments/20181130/9dcd3ac5/attachment.html>


More information about the Public mailing list