12 votes total, with 7 abstentions:
- 4 Issuers voting YES: Entrust, HARICA, Izenpe, Telia
- 1 Issuers voting NO: SwissSign
- 7 Issuers ABSTAIN: Actalis, DigiCert, D-Trust, JPRS, OISTE, SECOM Trust Systems, SSL.com
4 votes total, with no abstentions:
- 0 Consumers voting YES
- 4 Consumers voting NO: Apple, Google, Mozilla, Opera
- 0 Consumers ABSTAIN
- Bylaw 2.3(6) requires:
- A “yes” vote by two-thirds of Certificate Issuer votes and by 50%-plus-one of Certificate Consumer votes. Votes to abstain are not counted for this purpose. This requirement was MET for Certificate Issuers and NOT MET for Certificate Consumers.
- At least one Certificate Issuer and one Certificate Consumer Member must vote in favor of a ballot for the ballot to be adopted. This requirement was MET for Certificate Issuers and NOT MET for Certificate Consumers.
- Bylaw 2.3(7) requires that a ballot result only be considered valid when “more than half of the number of currently active Members has participated”. Votes to abstain are counted in determining quorum. Half of the currently active members at the start of voting was 12, so the quorum was 13 for this ballot. This requirement was MET.
Richard Wang has applied for ZT Browser (produced by ZoTrus Technology Limited) to be granted membership in the Server Certificate Working Group as a Certificate Consumer. The SCWG Charter states that “An Applicant shall become a Member… upon the request of any Member, by a Ballot among the Members.” This ballot is to determine if ZT Browser shall become a Member. The following motion has been proposed by Aaron Gable of ISRG / Let’s Encrypt, and endorsed by Tobias Josefowitz of Opera and Tim Hollebeek of Digicert.
Modify the membership of the Server Certificate Working Group to include ZT Browser as a Certificate Consumer with “firstname.lastname@example.org” as the Authorized Representative.
Discussion (7+ days)
Start time: 2023-01-05 19:00 UTC
End time: Not before 2023-01-19 19:00 UTC
Vote for approval (7 days)
Start time: 2023-01-20 23:00 UTC
End time: 2023-01-27 23:00 UTC
This ballot has failed due to not meeting some of the Bylaws requirements.