Atsushi Inaba (GlobalSign), Bruce Morton (Entrust), Corey Bonnell (DigiCert), Dimitris Zacharopoulos (HARICA), Ian McMillan (Microsoft), Inigo Barreira (Sectigo), Martijn Katerbarg (Sectigo), Michael Sykes (SSL.com), Mohit Kumar (GlobalSign)
- Antitrust statement was read.
- Approval of prior meeting minutes: Minutes for 22 September 2022 were approved.
- Ballot Status:
- CSC 15: IPR review ended 18 September 2022, so is now complete.
- CSC 17: Passed and is not in IPR period until 27 October 2022.
- Special election ballot: Passed, so Dean Coclin will be Chair for another term.
- Malware proposal (Martijn): Long discussion about the process and the number of days and the procedure when the CA receives notification about a certificate associated with signed malware. Martijn will update the proposal and forward for review.
- Signing Service discussion (Bruce/Corey): Signing Service update will be discussed at the F2F in Berlin.
- Timestamping Ballot (Ian): Ina would like to hold off discussion on time-stamping until after we have resolved the malware proposal and the Signing Service update.
- Planning for F2F: Decided we would have 1) Status Update, 2) Signing Service update discussion, and 3) Forward Vision discussion for the next 2 years.
- Other business: Discussed rationalizing the CSBRs to remove callout to SSL BRs. Dimitris will lead this effort with Corey and Bruce volunteering to support.
- Next Meeting – 20 October was cancelled. Next meeting will be at the F2F in Berlin the week of 24 October 2022.