Voting on Ballot Forum-12, Update CA/B Forum Bylaws, had ended. Here are the results:
21 Certificate Issuers voting in favor: Buypass, Camerfirma, Certum (Asseco), Chunghwa Telecom, D-TRUST, DigiCert, Disig, eMudhra, Entrust Datacard, Firmaprofesional, GDCA, GlobalSign, GoDaddy, HARICA, iTrusChina, Kamu SM, OISTE, SSL.com, SwissSign, TrustCor, SecureTrust (former Trustwave)
0 No votes
0 Abstain votes
100% of voting Certificate Issuers voted in favor.
4 Certificate Consumers voting in favor: Cisco, Microsoft, Mozilla, 360
0 No votes
0 Abstain votes
100% of voting Certificate Consumers voted in favor.
Quorum was met.
Therefore, the ballot passes.
CA/B Forum Vice Chair
The following motion has been proposed by Dimitris Zacharopoulos of HARICA and endorsed by Mike Reilly of Microsoft and Tim Hollebeek of Digicert.
The Forum has identified and discussed a number of improvements to be made to the current version of the Bylaws to improve clarity and allow the Forum to function more effectively. Most of these changes are described in the “Issues with Bylaws to be addressed” document.
Here is a list of major changes:
- Clarified the use of the term “Member” so it is clear when we discuss about all Forum Members (which includes Associate Members and Interested Parties), and when we discuss about the “Voting Members”. Adding the word “Voting” in front of the word “Member” removes this ambiguity. Also, the term “Members” or “Forum Members” is now the union of “Voting Members”, “Associate Members” and “Interested Parties”.
- Added the term “Voting Representative” which is designated by each Member. Only votes submitted by Voting Representatives will be considered.
- Replaced “Forum wiki” with the properly defined term “Member Web Site”.
- Removed references for Webmaster in the definition of “Public Web Site” since it is repeated in section 5.2.
- Added the Photography Policy in Exhibit D.
- Clarify 4.1 (2) that Forum Members nominate representatives
- Allow Informative Changes to Guidelines
- In 5.3.1 require that a Certificate Issuer is trusted in the “latest” software produced by a Certificate Consumer
- In 4.1 the Chair is eligible to be elected as Chair after having vacated the position as Chair for at least one (1) term, instead of two (2) years.
Amendment to the Bylaws: Replace the entire text of the Bylaws of the CA/Browser Forum with the attached version (CA-Browser Forum Bylaws v2.3.pdf).
NOTE: There are three redlines
- PDF (attached)
- DOCX (attached)
- GitHub redline available at https://github.com/cabforum/documents/compare/fc63be73323195abc4e462708ca0385e37b7043d..a94d136c6ddbd0024e9bdc70785aa71f1e2f6753#diff-c2f0349076f544cc0e9f059f30f21a85
The procedure for this ballot is as follows (exact start and end times may be adjusted to comply with applicable Bylaws and IPR Agreement):
|Forum-12 – Update CA/B Forum Bylaws||Start time (22:00 UTC)||End time (22:00 UTC)|
|Discussion (14 days)||04 May 2020||18 May 2020|
|Expected Vote for approval (7 days)||TBD||TBD|