- Attendees (in alphabetical order)
- 1. Roll Call
- 2. Read Antitrust Statement
- 3. Review Agenda
- 4. Approval of Minutes of previous teleconference
- 5. Follow-up items from SCWG F2F meeting
- 6. Validation Subcommittee Update
- 7. NetSec Subcommittee Update
- 8. Ballot Status
- 9. Any Other Business
- 10. Next call
- 11. Adjourned
Attendees (in alphabetical order)
Ben Wilson (Digicert), Bruce Morton (Entrust Datacard), Chris Kemmerer (SSL.com), Daymion Reynolds (GoDaddy), Dean Coclin (Digicert), Dimitris Zacharopoulos (HARICA), Doug Beattie (GlobalSign), Enrico Entschew (D-TRUST), Fotis Loukos (SSL.com), Frank Corday (Trustwave), Geoff Keating (Apple), Inaba Atsushi (GlobalSign), India Donald (US Federal PKI Management Authority), Jeff Ward (CPA Canada/WebTrust), Joanna Fox (GoDaddy), Jos Purvis (Cisco Systems), Kirk Hall (Entrust Datacard), Li-Chun Chen (Chunghwa Telecom Co. Ltd.), Michelle Coon (OATI), Mike Reilly (Microsoft), Neil Dunbar (TrustCor Systems), Ryan Sleevi (Google), Shelley Brewer (Digicert), Tim Callan (Comodo CA –> Sectigo), Tim Shirley (Trustwave), Trevoli Ponds-White (Amazon), Wayne Thayer (Mozilla), Wendy Brown (US Federal PKI Management Authority).
1. Roll Call
The Chair took attendance.
2. Read Antitrust Statement
The Chair read the Antitrust Statement.
3. Review Agenda
Today’s Agenda was approved.
4. Approval of Minutes of previous teleconference
The minutes of CABF F2F Meeting 45 of Oct 17-18, 2018 were not approved because of missing minutes. We kindly ask the remaining minute takers to publish their minutes to the wiki or contact the Chair if there is a problem.
5. Follow-up items from SCWG F2F meeting
6. Validation Subcommittee Update
The Subcommittee continued the discussion about the limitation of validation methods via CAA, considered the result of the discussion at the F2F meeting that there is not a lot of interest and decided to drop this work item.
Another discussion item was BGP hijacking. Tim H. would raise the issue in IETF because the CA/B Forum can’t make any meaningful progress on that subject.
The Subcommittee is also preparing some ballots:
- The voting for the underscore ballot (SC12) will be initiated tomorrow night.
- Ballot for removing “any other method” for IP address is under way
- SC4 ballot going forward, which allows adding an email address for Domain Validation in DNS TXT or CAA records. Tim’s decision is to propose that both CAA and TXT is supported.
Finally, the Subcommittee discussed about possible improvements for Method 6, website control, and that’s the next item the Subcommittee will focus on.
7. NetSec Subcommittee Update
A Doodle poll was sent out to decide when the best meeting date/time is. Ben will check the results of that poll.
8. Ballot Status
Ballots in Discussion Period
- Ballot SC4 version 5: CAA Contact Property and Associated E-mail Validation Method (Tim) — Tim was not on the call to discuss this ballot.
- Ballot SC12 – Underscores, DNSNames, and SRVNames (Wayne) — This ballot was discussed during the Validation Subcommittee update.
Ballots in Voting Period
Ballots in IP Review Period
Draft Ballots under Consideration
9. Any Other Business
Pending question in the questions list
Kirk reminded the participants that we have a pending question to respond to in the questions list. Dean said that he needs some more help with a reply. He will draft a response and send it to Ryan for comments before proceeding.
Comodo CA changing to SECTIGO
Dimitris mentioned that Comodo CA has changed its name to Sectigo and asked for comments from Comodo representatives. Tim Callan from Sectigo responded and informed the group about the new name and that the primary motivation was to avoid market confusion. He mentioned that it also helps the market to know that this is a different company, different ownership, different philosophy.
Dimitris proposed that if the Bylaws don’t specify how to handle a Member changing its name, we should ask Sectigo to sign the IPR agreement under their new name. Kirk agreed that we probably need a new IPR agreement. Tim Callan gave us his email address so we can contact him for details about the IPR agreement.
10. Next call
November 15, 2018 at 11:00 am Eastern Time.